Flour Experiments For Kids - The grain mill
How did prehistoric people to make the flour?
Materials needed in this flour experimet
- A flat stone (at least 20 x 20 cm)
- Grains of wheat (you can get the
- in supermarkets)
- 1 plate
- 1 brush
- 1 small round stone
- Carefully clean the stones, brush under running water in the sink. Clean them several times if necessary and let them dry thoroughly.
- Place a flat stone on a stable, or on the floor. Pour over a handful of grains of wheat.
- Then break them with round stone.Caution:. You have to lean heavily on the flat stone and make a move from back to front.
- When the beans are well mashed, put them in a bowl.
The longer the milling process, the finer the flour
is obtained. You must be patient to get a good quality meal.
The flat stone is called the round stone mill and crusher, it would
Gear the time. It is a passive grinding system,
where the windmill is not moving. Another passive system is the pillar, where
crushed at the bottom of a mortar.
Flour Experiments For Kids Application
It is the simplest way of grain mill.
It is known from the Neolithic period, ie it
about 6000 years. His invention is linked
consumption and cultivation of cereals: wheat, barley, rye,
oats, among others. The flour obtained with these grains
was used in the daily diet, for example,
in the form of cookies.